In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) with Donor Sperm
There are many ways to help people become parents — and IVF using donor sperm is one of them. The sperm of the potential father or a donor is either used with the mother’s egg to form an embryo, or the sperm is injected into the uterine cavity of the woman, who will then bear and give birth to a child. The woman can be either a biological or a surrogate mother.
What is Sperm Donation and Who Needs it?
To become a donor, a man must meet specific requirements and pass medical tests for the following: infectious diseases, genetic disorders, and mental state. After a donor gives his semen to a sperm bank, the specialist washes the semen away from the sperm, and places the purified sperm into the uterus to achieve pregnancy.
This treatment method can be used in the following cases:
- Same-sex female couples who want to have a child. This is one of the most popular ways for female couples to conceive without the involvement of a man.
- Single women who want to be mothers. For a single woman who dreams to be a mother, IVF with donor sperm may be a solution.
- Couples who can’t have a baby due to a husband’s infertility, caused by a variety of different issues, such as low sperm count or ejaculatory dysfunction.
- A high risk of passing a genetic disorder on the male side. To avoid passing the abnormality on to the child, one may use a donor’s sperm.
Why Choose StartYourSurrogacy.Com?
Reproductive technologies are quite well-developed in Georgia, which is why couples from all over the world choose this country for their fertility treatments and surrogacy programs. The Start Your Surrogacy clinic will be happy to open its doors and help people become parents.
Here’s a list of benefits that each of our clients are provided with:
Individualized approach to solving each client's issue
Extensive experience with infertility treatment
Extensive database of donor material
High level of competency and integrity
Affordable prices with high-quality services provided
The Stages of IVF using Donor Sperm
An IVF procedure using donor sperm can be divided into several consecutive steps. First, the sperm is received from a man, and after thorough semen analysis, it is added to the sperm bank. The donated semen can only be used after a quarantine lasting at least 6 months. During this time, the donor material is screened for various viruses, including HIV and hepatitis. If everything comes back normal, specialists can then use the semen.
Potential parents need to go through the following stages:
1. Examination and consultation with a doctor. Before we begin the process of IVF with sperm donation, we provide you with a full examination. This allows us to judge a woman’s ability to become pregnant, take note of her health status, and determine the presence of various viruses. The attending doctor then chooses the appropriate treatment: IVF with donor sperm, or artificial insemination.
The consulting doctor will also tell you about the treatment process in detail, the cost of all necessary services, and the potential outcomes. You’ll also get any information involving complications and possible risks. Once you have made your final decision, you will be asked to choose a sperm donor.
2. Selecting a sperm donor. A couple may choose to be familiar with a sperm donor, or he may remain anonymous. Sperm donors are usually men under the age of 40. Our clinic has an extensive database of sperm donors to choose from.
You can specify the characteristics you would like for your baby to have, and we can match you with a donor from our base. People who donate their sperm undergo all necessary examinations, and are carefully checked for any genetic abnormalities.
3. Fertilization cycle (placement of seed in an egg). The fertilization procedure itself is quite simple and is performed in the clinic. Once the sperm is placed into the uterus, the woman rests for 10-15 minutes before leaving the clinic.
Using a special catheter, a doctor injects semen into the uterine cavity. Depending on the woman’s cycle, we determine the insemination date — the time closest to ovulation. Several insemination procedures may be required in order to achieve pregnancy.
For IVF using donor sperm, an egg (which can be received from a donor) is retrieved and inseminated with sperm. If the fertilization is successful, the embryo grows in the laboratory. Several days later, the embryo is implanted into the uterus. If there appear to be more embryos, they can be frozen and used in the future.
IVF with donor sperm success rate
A variety of factors influence the success rate of this procedure, such as the age of the woman or any health conditions. The average success rate for donor sperm use is 10-15% in one cycle for women younger than 40. It is worth making several attempts to help achieve a higher success rate.
On average, the insemination process should be carried out for about 4 to 6 months. Over this timeframe, a positive result is observed in 50% of women. If pregnancy does not occur following several attempts, an examination should be carried out to determine whether a woman needs to undergo treatment or not. The use of treatment procedures can increase the sperm donor IVF cost. A pregnancy obtained this way is no different from a normal pregnancy, meaning that the risk of miscarriage is not increased in any way.
IVF with Donor Sperm Cost
IVF cost with donor sperm is lower than the cost of using donor eggs. However, the prices for all reproductive services in the USA are quite high. They range from $300 to $4,000, depending on the choice of a couple to use the sperm of a partner or a donor. The insemination procedure cost may reach $200-$400, and if the fertilization procedure does not achieve positive results, it will often be repeated. In this case, each attempt is paid for in full.
In Georgia, the IVF with donor sperm cost is 50% lower on average, meaning that many couples from all over the world come here. At the Start Your Surrogacy clinic, you will receive the best quality care for a reasonable price. The value of family is greatly emphasized in Georgia, so we understand just how important starting a family is for you. Moreover, if you choose to use a surrogate mother, she will spend her entire pregnancy in an ecological environment with professionals at her side.