International Traditional Surrogacy
Sometimes only assisted reproduction can help you solve the infertility problem and allow your family to have a baby. This method is used quite widely all over the world.
There are two types of surrogacy: gestational and traditional. In the case of the traditional surrogacy process, doctors use the surrogate mother’s egg and the legal father’s sperm. Thus, the new-born has a genetic connection with the woman who has birthed it. This results in some program specifications for the surrogate regarding appearance, education, origin, etc.
Reasons to Consider Traditional Surrogacy
There may be some juridical difficulties as the baby is genetically connected with both their surrogate mother and only one of the parents. This method can be much more complicated for the emotional state of the woman, as she gives up her biological child. However, this form of reproduction is widely used in many countries. In some cases, a traditional surrogacy fertility clinic is the only way to become parents.
Here are a few cases when couples opt for this method:
- A single man is dreaming of becoming a father, but cannot find a woman who is right for him.
- Same-sex male (gay) couples who can’t carry and give birth to a baby.
- Couples where a mother can’t provide a healthy egg due to her health condition.
The attitude toward traditional surrogacy in the United States is somewhat ambiguous. If you are a US citizen and have decided to use such a program, pay attention to how your state treats surrogacy. Some states are loyal to surrogacy, while others aren’t. In some American states, traditional surrogacy is strictly prohibited.
In the states where surrogacy is treated positively, potential parents agree with the surrogate mother and receive pre-birth orders. Most often, contracts with the surrogate mother are paid for. But there are cases when a woman wants to help a childless couple, so she provides her services for free. This is also part of the contract.
In the states with a negative attitude to such a treatment method, no written agreements about traditional surrogacy services or artificial insemination have legal force. In these states, paid surrogate programs are prohibited by law as a whole.
In some states, however, surrogacy of this type is allowed, although you will face some legal difficulties resulting from the termination of parental rights and adoption.
Unlike the United States, Georgia has a very positive attitude towards this method of solving problems with fertility. Both gestational and traditional surrogacy is allowed here. This is why many couples from all over the world come to Georgia to get their baby.
Why Choose Us?
Georgia is one of the most loyal countries in terms of surrogacy. Couples who dream of having a child come to us from halfway across the world. Georgia is very attractive for an international traditional surrogacy for the following reasons:
Transfer of legal parenthood.
Highly skilled staff and modern equipment.
Process of Traditional Surrogacy
Gestational and traditional surrogacy have some differences in medical character. By the surrogacy of the first type (gestational), sperm and egg of donors or future parents are used. A fertility specialist transfers the embryo into the woman’s uterus. Then she bears and gives birth to a baby. In traditional surrogacy, the egg of the surrogate mother is used.
The traditional surrogate maternity program should take the following steps:
- Determine your requirements for the future surrogate mother.
- A healthy woman who agrees for this program is selected. You can use the help of a traditional surrogacy agency.
- Potential parents meet with the chosen woman and discuss all the details. Their terms and conditions are fixed in a written agreement.
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI) is the most important step in the program. After all the necessary screenings and examinations, uterine fertilization is performed.
- If everything is OK, the pregnancy comes. During this period, the pregnant woman is closely monitored by the doctor.
- Welcome to the world, baby! The last step and the happiest moment is the childbirth. Parents receive a new-born along with all necessary papers.